There's going to be a bit of a sugary theme this week, the reason for which will become clear on Friday. Today, I'm sharing an incredible, super simple recipe. The leftovers for this are still in the fridge, and every time I open it, I steal a little more. I had plans to turn them into a pie or something, but there's a lot to be said for just eating something awesome with a spoon. Yes. A spoon. *hides sticky fingers*
Whenever I look at caramel recipes online, they always seem to be kind of complicated. This is my go-to version, because it's so easy and only takes about 5 minutes to make. Also, you can tweak it. Like so...
Salted Caramel Amaretto Sauce
- 1 x tin Condensed Milk
- 150g Dark brown sugar
- 150g Butter
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 50ml Amaretto (how cute is this little bottle? It was £2.50 from Asda!)
1. Melt the butter and brown sugar slowly in a small saucepan, and stir until combined.
2. Add the condensed milk and stir well until combined, and throw in your salt.
3. Allow your caramel to simmer until it has just come to the boil, then remove immediately from the heat.
4. Pour in your Amaretto and stir it in. That's it! Maybe just test it. And then again.
This is excellent on ice cream, but I'd love to just pour it into a pastry dish, sprinkle a few almonds on the top and let it set. This will keep for a few weeks in the fridge, but let's face it... it's not going to last that long, is it?